Monday, May 24, 2010

NYC stylin' and profilin'

I've just come back to real life from a week long whirlwind trip to NYC. The first half of my trip was to witness the nuptials of 2 very dear friends. The second half of my trip was a stab at building up an east coast clientele. It was me with a backpack filled with hair tools vs. the subway, doing house calls in all different neighborhoods and getting a feel for what commuting and living in NY is all about. I will be uploading pics as I get them organized and developed...but first I really wanted to share with you 2 songs that forever will remind me of marching with the masses up, down and all around that magical place called Manhattan.

Get ready for a heart chakra explosion at the 3:22 mark...



I'm definitely in a feel good electro pop mood these days. La Roux fits the bill perfectly...



At this point all my energy and focus is being put towards doing whatever it takes to be bicoastal. Before this trip I'd not had the opportunity to fall in love with New York the way everyone around seemed to. Now I get it.

I feel so much love and gratitude for all the the epic, cinematic, serendipitous and joyful moments this last week brought. And for all the people that helped make it a reality. A trip this good only comes along so often...I'm so overwhelmed with happiness...NEW YORK I LOVE YOU!!! I'll see you again in August!

About Me

My photo
Just like you. Only different.