Sunday, May 30, 2010

Alexander McQueen

I was driving down Melrose yesterday and passed the Alexander McQueen storefront. It got me thinking about his shocking suicide back in February, and how someone who is so incredibly talented, surrounded by and adored by the most elite and powerful, and pretty much seems to have everything you could ever possibly want or need...felt that he had nothing at all. Nothing worth fighting for. Such an obvious example of how money really can't buy happiness. If that were the case the richest people would also be the happiest, right?

His last collection, shown in Paris 4 weeks after his death:





















This last one is my favorite. Never really been the kind of girl who daydreams about what her wedding dress would look like...but in my book whomever chooses to wear this is the most legit girl on the block..



I think I like it so much because it reminds me of this...






source

About Me

My photo
Just like you. Only different.