Saturday, May 9, 2009

Freedom

I've decided to add shakers to my "favorite things to hear in music" list. More shakers! Lots and lots of shakers! Listen for them, point them out to strangers, buy them for your mom...the possibilities are truly endless with shakers and I CAN'T GET ENOUGH.

How epic was this video??


This song came out when I was 11. After I saw the music video, I distinctly remember being absolutely convinced my destiny was to be a tortured lip syncing supermodel. Being the height genes were stacked against me (I'm 5'1), I was left to burn jackets, seductively slide down walls, and sing inside my turtle neck sweaters over the years with no one watching. Not nearly as effective. The cold hard truth is there can only be one Christy, Naomi, Tatjana, Cindy and Linda. But I do have to say...being so affected at such a young age by these super beauties is partially what led me where I am today doing what I'm doing. So...thank you ladies. In the words of Bill Withers, you do what you do, and you do it good.

About Me

My photo
Just like you. Only different.