Monday, May 11, 2009

Fever Ray

This video was sent to me by a friend purely for aesthetic enjoyment...but 2 seconds into watching it I'm thinking it sounds alot like The Knife...



I was right! Turns out Fever Ray is the solo project of Karin Dreijer Andersson, who is one half of The Knife (the other half is her brother Olof Dreijer). I remember reading somewhere that she was taking a break to have her second child. It sounds like she used her time wisely. Here's an excerpt from a bio I found online...

"She composes best in that state any new parent will recognise, awake but exhausted, where reality blurs into imagination and ideas flutter in and out. “Half of what the songs are about is the subconscious,” she says, “ideas of things happening. A lot of it is like daydreaming, dreaming when you’re awake, but tired; a lot of stories come from that world. I try to write when I‘m in that state - I’m very bad at remembering later, so I have to do it right away.”

I love that idea. Most new moms don't get anything positive from the exhaustion that comes from just giving birth.What a magical time for her giving and nurturing in so many constructive ways not only to her newborn but also to the whole world. And when most just get a baby book, some photographs and maybe a few home videos, her little one will have this album to mark their entrance into existence. Amazing.

About Me

My photo
Just like you. Only different.